Shareholder and partnership agreements
The experienced team of legal specialists at Ramsdens Solicitors can help with every aspect of shareholder and partnership agreements. Our Yorkshire-based team has helped hundreds of individuals safeguard their business from potential disruption caused by disputes or critical illness.
Contact us to discuss your circumstances by calling 01484 821 500, or fill out an online enquiry form and we will get back to you at a more convenient time.
About shareholder and partnership agreements
A shareholders agreement is a written agreement between the shareholders or partners of a business. Usually, it is prepared when a business is in its infancy, when there have been no disputes between the parties involved.
Common points include:
- The structure of the senior executive team
- Voting rights of shareholders and directors
- Majority/percentage votes required for major decisions to be implemented
- The type of decisions that require a vote between shareholders - such as the purchase of major assets, loans over a certain amount, or the buying or selling of shares
- What would happen in a “deadlock” and how this would be resolved
- Banking, accounting and auditing arrangements
- Dividend policies for the distribution of profits
- Capital contributions and what assets are provided by each party
- Information on the type of business that will be undertaken and the planned future direction of the business
- Salaries and reviews awarded to each party
- What happens when a party wants to “exit” the agreement
- What events would trigger the termination of the agreement
How Ramsdens can help
At Ramsdens Solicitors, our team can assist with the following:
- Developing an enterprise agreement
- Developing a buy/sell agreement
- Tax effective business structuring
- Drafting a will that deals with an enterprise
Get in touch
Contact us today to discuss your circumstances by calling 01484 821 500, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an online enquiry form and we will get back to you.