Contact us today on 01484 821 500

Child Abuse Claims

If you need to exit this page quickly, please click here.

If you suffered abuse while you were a child, or are the parent or carer of a child that has been abused, knowing where to turn can be incredibly stressful. However, there are support systems in place to offer help at this difficult time, and compensation can be claimed from those responsible.

Our solicitors provide full support to both adults and children throughout the entire claims process. We understand that each case is different, and requires specialist knowledge, care and sensitivity.

Contact our specialist team, headed by Natalie Marrison, today for advice by calling 01484 821 500 or fill out an online enquiry form and we will be in touch at a time that is suitable for you.

About child abuse claims

The Ramsdens team has experience in dealing with cases relating to many different types of child abuse. We have particular expertise in the following areas:

Our team can act for individuals and group actions, providing advice on all aspects, which may also include complaints within the local authority and claims made through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

We can offer advice on what legal action to take if you or a loved one have suffered abuse historically, as well as against individual abusers like foster parents, employers and professionals from organisations, such as religious, sports, charities, social services and others.

Will my case be confidential?

We work closely with clients to seek justice for these traumatic events, and we represent both adults and children by providing full support in confidence throughout the entire process.

Our specialist solicitors understand how difficult it can be to open up about past events, and we will always ensure that any information provided is handled with the strictest confidence. Anyone who has suffered a sexual offence has a guaranteed legal right to anonymity. This means that your name or other details that may identify you cannot be published.

Are time limits in place for child abuse cases?

It is possible to make a claim for compensation even if the abuse took place many years ago. Our specialist team can advise you in confidence about this. We offer free advice in the initial stages to ensure you can assess whether or not you wish to proceed.

If you think you may have a claim and wish to speak in confidence, please contact us.

Using an existing solicitor

It is important that the right solicitor represents you, you must ensure that they have the expertise to advise and pursue your case, maintaining a strong relationship throughout. If you are unhappy with the advice that you are currently receiving and feel like they are not a specialist in child abuse law, we are able to review your claim and provide our thoughts on its progress free of charge.

Alternatively, you may have settled your case already, but feel that the settlement was inadequate or that it was not dealt with properly by your previous solicitor, if so, contact us.

Contact us

For more information on our abuse law services, contact our team of experienced solicitors today on 0113 887 1834 or text LAW to 67777 to book a free information session at any of our offices.

Pages in this Section