Resolution have unveiled their new code of practice to enable lawyers to promote the Code to clients and potential clients. This will make clients feel even more at ease in knowing that their Family Lawyer works in accordance with the Code of Practice.
Resolution is an organisation of over 6,500 lawyers that are committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes in a non-confrontational way.
To follow the new code, Resolution members must have regard to the following when acting on behalf of clients:
• Reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation; for example, by not using inflammatory language;
• Support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first;
• Act with honesty, integrity and objectivity;
• Help clients understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions;
• Listen to and treat everyone with respect and without judgment;
• Use my experience and knowledge to guide clients through the options available to them;
• Continually develop my knowledge and skills; and
• Use the Resolution Guides to Good Practice in their day-to-day work.
At Ramsdens, our Family Lawyers are members of Resolution so you can be rest assured that they will adopt these principles into their day to day work and throughout all cases.
We offer guidance and assistance on a wide range of Family Law matters:
• Divorce and financial claims
• Domestic Violence issues
• Civil Partnerships
• Collaborative Law
• Forced Marriages
• Getting Married Aboard
• Pre-Nuptial Agreements
• Unmarried Family Breakdown
Call our Family Helpline on 08000 147720, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text LAW to 67777 to book a free information session at any of our 12 offices. We offer appointments from 7:30am to 7:00pm, Monday to Friday.