Careers  |Online Services  |Client Portal  |  Text LAW to 67777 and we’ll get back to you Contact Us

Services for Personal Clients...


Family Care - Public Law

Children’s care issues can present the court with the most challenging decisions of all. When a child is placed into care by Social Services, the child’s welfare will be the over-riding factor for the court when determining their future.

At Ramsdens we have one of the most experienced specialist teams in the region who provide sensitive, practical and expert advice during care proceedings. Our team specialise in all aspects of children's law and can assist you with any legal issues arising out of care proceedings.

We can advise you on your rights and help you work out the options going forward.

Our team can offer advice and representation in all areas of children law including:

  • Care Orders and Emergency Protection Orders, including emergency hearings

  • Child Protection Investigation.

  • Parental Responsibility

  • Secure Accommodation Orders

  • Special Guardianships Orders

  • Supervision Orders.

In most care proceedings, parents are entitled to free legal aid and at Ramsdens we offer a free initial appointment to assess your eligibility.

Click on the navigation on the left-hand side for more information on the services we provide.

Call our Family Helpline on 08000 147720, email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or text LAW to 67777 to book a free information session at any of our 12 offices. You can also contact our 24 hour emergency helpline on 07525 837829, we're here to help!
  • Grandparents' Rights

    If you are a grandparent and you wish to have access to your grandchildren, then contact our family law department for advice.

    Find Out More
  • Internal Relocation

    When parents separate, the question of contact with children is always difficult, especially if it involves moving.

    Find Out More
  • Special Guardianship Order

    If you wish to care for a child whose parents are unable to look after them, you can obtain legal guardianship.

    Find Out More

Family Care - Public Law Team

Our Family Care - Public Law Team are here to help, click on a member of the team below for more information.